Tuesday 16 November 2010

Editing: The Chris Kelly Interview

The Chris Kelly is about five minutes just by itself. The first thing I did was cut out the interview questions, and cut out the part of the interview where the telephone rang. The majoirty of questions make sense on their own, but as a group we will have to agree on which questions will be used. I attempted to cut out the ringing noise in the background, and piecing together a sentence about his first and present car. However, it jumped too much, didn't look professional and was not suitable. I have kept in the first part of the answer but cut out the last bit.







The next step will be deciding the cutaways with my group so that the answers refer to something. My group decided that we should re-film and capture more footage of the Chris Kelly leaflets, archive material and instructor manual so that they will be effective cutaways between answers.


As one of our cutaways we may use the Chris Kelly jingle because we ask a direct question which includes him talking about why he chose that jingle. I have downloaded it off the Chris Kelly website, which you can see in the screenshots below.